Planned Giving Opportunities
Planned Giving enables people to make large, meaningful gifts to organizations that reflect their beliefs and values while leaving a legacy that honors those values and beliefs by supporting them during their lifetime and beyond. As you consider investing in BCM International, you can stretch the possibilities of generosity through the many and flexible advantages of planned giving, which allows you to direct your gift-giving, realize tax advantages and make a world of difference.
BEQUEST or GIFT IN A WILL
Consider making a gift through your estate plan or will. You simply specify the share of your assets, or absolute value you would like to go to the non-profit. If you do not yet have one, the opportunity to make a will is here now. We want to make you aware of a free online will-writing tool that many have already used to protect the people they love and honor the causes they care about.
Everyone needs a will, but writing a will is one of those tasks that can fall by the wayside. Only 1 in 3 Americans have a will. Thankfully, you can use this tool to create yours in under 20 minutes. FreeWill.com is a free, online resource that starts with the basics of planning your will. Visit FreeWill.com for more information on this valuable service. There’s no better moment than now to find some peace of mind in planning for the future. While you are writing your will, you also have the opportunity to join those who have blessed this ministry by including a legacy gift to BCM International in their wills. Contact Richard Broadley at email@example.com or 717-560-9601 to get started or if you have any questions.
TRANSFER APPRECIATED STOCK DIRECTLY
- No capital gains to declare
- Transfer to BCM’s Morgan Stanly Smith Barney account
RMD (REQUIRED MINIMUM DISTRIBUTION) or QCD (QUALIFIED CHARITABLE DISTRIBUTION)
- Those age 70½ or older may use a QCD to donate up to $100,000 to qualified charities like BCM directly from an IRA. Consult your retirement account company to determine the specific steps required.
- The advantage is you do not need to declare the charitable donation as gross income for federal tax purposes. In this case, you do not deduct the charitable donation, however, you can take the standard deductions which have increased the last several years. This way you can save money while still contributing to the ministry.
DONOR ADVISED FUNDS
- This has become a popular way to make substantial gifts in one tax year, invest the funds if you like, and distribute at future dates.
- The charitable gift is recognized in the year it’s given. The new, larger standard deduction can at times be taken in subsequent years.
CGA (CHARITABLE GIFT ANNUITY) or CRT (CHARITABLE REMAINDER TRUST)
- A CGA is an arrangement whereby assets are given to a charity in return for the charity’s contract to make lifetime payments of a fixed amount to a beneficiary, often the donor. Benefits can include a charitable tax deduction and partially tax-free income.
- The tax-exempt irrevocable trust is designed to reduce the taxable income of individuals by first dispersing income to the beneficiaries of the trust for a specified period of time and then donating the remainder of the trust to the designated charity.
BCM INTERNATIONAL KOINONIA ENDOWMENT FUND
- The endowment fund provides a vehicle for the extended BCM fellowship to enhance their impact by investing in the long-term stability of kingdom work in children’s ministry, church development, and leadership/teacher training. The fund will grow over time to be a permanent source of revenue for BCM ministry purposes and a means for constituents, missionaries, and other stakeholders to create a perpetual legacy of sharing the Gospel with the whole world.
If you are interested in pursuing any of these or other Planned Giving options, please consult with your financial or tax advisor to understand the details and advantages for both you and BCM International. If you don’t already have your own advisor, BCM has developed a relationship with two financial firms with a strong faith perspective who are providing no cost and no obligation wealth management services. You can contact Richard Broadley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-560-9601 to get started or if you have other questions.