Planned Giving Opportunities
Planned Giving enables people to make large, meaningful gifts to organizations that reflect their beliefs and values while leaving a legacy that honors those values and beliefs by supporting them during their lifetime and beyond. As you consider investing in BCM International, you can stretch the possibilities of generosity through the many and flexible advantages of planned giving, which allows you to direct your gift-giving, realize tax advantages and make a world of difference.
TRANSFER APPRECIATED STOCK DIRECTLY
- No capital gains to declare
- Transfer to BCM’s Morgan Stanly Smith Barney account
RMD (REQUIRED MINIMUM DISTRIBUTION) or QCD (QUALIFIED CHARITABLE DISTRIBUTION)
- Those age 72+ can donate part or all of your IRA RMD directly to BCM. Consult your retirement account company to determine the specific steps required.
- The advantage is you do not need to declare the charitable donation as gross income for federal tax purposes. In this case, you do not deduct the charitable donation, however, you can take the standard deductions which have increased the last several years. This way you can save money while still contributing to the ministry.
DONOR ADVISED FUNDS
- This has become a popular way to make substantial gifts in one tax year, invest the funds if you like, and distribute at future dates.
- The charitable gift is recognized in the year it’s given. The new, larger standard deduction can at times be taken in subsequent years.
CGA (CHARITABLE GIFT ANNIUTY) or CRT (CHARITABLE REMAINDER TRUST)
- A CGA is an arrangement whereby assets are given to a charity in return for the charity’s contract to make lifetime payments of a fixed amount to a beneficiary, often the donor. Benefits can include a charitable tax deduction and partially tax-free income.
- The tax-exempt irrevocable trust is designed to reduce the taxable income of individuals by first dispersing income to the beneficiaries of the trust for a specified period of time and then donating the remainder of the trust to the designated charity.
WILL or BEQUEST
- Consider making a gift through your estate plan or will. You simply specify the share of your assets, or absolute value you would like to go to the non-profit. When doing this, it’s worth writing a note explaining why the cause matters to you and any specific element of the ministry’s work you prefer to assist.
BCM INTERNATIONAL KOINONIA ENDOWMENT FUND
- The endowment fund provides a vehicle for the extended BCM fellowship to enhance their impact by investing in the long-term stability of kingdom work in children’s ministry, church development, and leadership/teacher training. The fund will grow over time to be a permanent source of revenue for BCM ministry purposes and a means for constituents, missionaries, and other stakeholders to create a perpetual legacy of sharing the Gospel with the whole world.
If you are interested in pursuing any of these or other Planned Giving options, please consult with your financial or tax advisor to understand the details and advantages for both you and BCM International. If you don’t already have your own advisor, BCM has developed a relationship with two financial firms with a strong faith perspective who are providing no cost and no obligation wealth management services. You can contact Richard Broadley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-560-9601 to get started or if you have other questions.